A highly valued, satisfying - and enjoyable - way to help your communityBecause of transport problems, many vulnerable Ryedale residents have become isolated and are in very real difficulty. Please join our team and help us to get them out and about again.
- Enjoy driving in beautiful Ryedale.
- Make new friends.
- Give as much - or as little time - as you can spare when it suits you.
- 45p per mile contribution to your car costs.
- Your car insurer will be happy to add cover for this work without charge.
A highly valued service
“Without you, I couldn’t go anywhere off the public transport routes”Many Ryedale residents cannot use public transport. Some routes do not take them where they need to go - or when. Some have mobility problems. Others lack the confidence to go out alone. Without transport, they become isolated, lonely and vulnerable. Some even have to leave their life-long home to be able to live near the services they need. Our car drivers get them out and about again - and they really do appreciate our volunteers’ efforts
“Whether it’s medical appointments, shopping or a social trip, I get peace of mind that I’ll get there on time”
Our volunteers can choose to:
- Carry passengers in their own cars.
- Drive passengers in our mini-buses.
A satisfying and enjoyable activity.Our drivers really do get great satisfaction from being useful and enjoy getting out and about themselves.
“I enjoy driving and had time on my hands. I’ve made interesting new friends and seen corners of Ryedale I’ve never seen before”
You would be well supported with expenses paid.
- An induction course is simple and helpful.
- Friendly, helpful, experienced trip arrangers ensure the trips we offer suit you and your vehicle.
- There is never any pressure to accept a trip.
- You needn’t be committed to a regular schedule.
- You can drive your own car - or one of our mini-buses.
- You receive a 45p per mile tax-free mileage allowance.
- Paperwork is usually just a single, one-sided sheet a month!
Come along and see how much you would enjoy volunteering with us.Join one of our experienced drivers for a few hours to see how volunteering could suit you
Have a chat with us about how helping this worthwhile service could suit you.
Call Linda, our volunteers co-ordinator, who will be happy to help you
Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Any messages left on our answering service or on e-mail will be replied to promptly.