Wheels 2 Work Moped Hire
The Wheels 2 Work scheme operates in the districts of Ryedale, Scarborough and Selby and also includes the City of York.
What is Wheels 2 Work?
Wheels to Work is a moped hire scheme. It is for people who have difficulty in traveling to work, training or education due to the lack of suitable public or private transport.
If you struggle with a lack of public transport due to the remoteness of your home or because you work unsociable hours the Wheels 2 Work scheme may well be able to help you.
How Does the Scheme Work?
We can hire you a 50cc or 110cc moped. We akso have electric mopeds available. During the loan period, you are encouraged to save up for a vehicle of your own. You can use our mopeds for social trips too.
You will need a CBT certificate (compulsory basic training) but we can help you to arrange this, as well as giving you access to cut-price protective gear (helmet, jacket, gloves).
Frequently Asked Questions
- We require a bond of £250, which will be refunded if you return the moped undamaged.
- Weekly rental of £36.00, covering insurance, tax and servicing.
- You pay for your own fuel and oil as you drive.
- Payment is weekly in advance by standing order.
- Live or work in the Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby or York district are aged 16 or over
- Hold a full or provisional driving licence
- Require transport to travel to employment, training, education or voluntary work
- Live within a practical distance for a moped (normally a maximum of 12 miles per journey)
- Have no suitable alternative form of transport available
- Hold a valid Compulsory Basic Training certificate or pass a CBT test (arranged by W2W)
- Hold a current bank account (payment to W2W is by standing order)