Wheels 2 Work Moped Hire
The Wheels 2 Work scheme operates in the districts of Ryedale, Scarborough and Selby and also includes the City of York.
What is Wheels 2 Work?
Wheels to Work is a moped hire scheme. It is for people who have difficulty in traveling to work, training or education due to the lack of suitable public or private transport.
If you struggle with a lack of public transport due to the remoteness of your home or because you work unsociable hours the Wheels 2 Work scheme may well be able to help you.
How Does the Scheme Work?
We can hire you a 50cc or 110cc moped. We also have electric mopeds available. During the loan period, you are encouraged to save up for a vehicle of your own. You can use our mopeds for social trips too.
You will need a CBT certificate (compulsory basic training). We can also supply cut-price protective gear (helmet, jacket, gloves).
Frequently Asked Questions
- We require a bond of £250, which will be refunded if you return the moped undamaged.
- Weekly rental of £36.00, covering insurance, tax and servicing.
- You pay for your own fuel and oil as you drive.
- Payment is weekly in advance by standing order.
- Live or work in the Ryedale, Scarborough, Selby or York district are aged 17 or over, if you are under 18 you will need permission from a parent or guardian. Due to current UK law, we will require a guarantor for any applicant under 18 years of age. This will be explained in further detail by the wheels to work coordinator during the application process.
- Hold a full or provisional driving licence
- Require transport to travel to employment, training, education or voluntary work
- Live within a practical distance for a moped (normally a maximum of 12 miles per journey)
- Have no suitable alternative form of transport available
- Hold a valid Compulsory Basic Training certificate (CBT)
- Hold a current bank account (payment to W2W is by standing order)