MiDAS is the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme
An award winning, and nationally recognised, assessment and training scheme for minibus drivers in the voluntary and not-for-profit sectors. Launched in 1994, and designed to make appropriate assessment, training and accreditation available to minibus drivers from any school or volunteer organisations at a local level. The scheme is operated by the Community Transport Association U.K. (CTA). It has been designed to enhance minibus driving standards and promote the safer operation of minibuses.
MiDAS training provides:
• Minibus drivers to be assessed against a national standard of driving skills
• Drivers are given help to improve their driving if required
• Drivers to be made aware of the legal and safety issues concerning the use and driving of passenger carrying vehicles whether paid drivers or volunteers.
• Trained in the safe carriage and security of wheelchairs in transit
• Provided guidance in working with people with a range of disabilities.
At Ryedale Community Transport we have our own in-house MiDAS assessor and we can provide training for either Standard Minibus use or Accessible Minibus use.
Training can be provided to charitable, community or commercial operators of minibuses.
Please contact the office for more details or follow this link to the CTA website for more details.