Seizing a “life changing” opportunity
If you have been offered a job, an apprenticeship, training or further education, but you live in a remote Ryedale community and you cannot access transport- our Wheels to Work scheme can help you take up this opportunity that could change your life.
How does the scheme work?
We can lend you a 50cc or 110cc moped for up to a year, complete with safety equipment. During the loan period, you are encouraged to save up for a vehicle of your own.
You can use our scooter for social trips too.
- A start-up fee of just over £100, which covers the first 3 weeks’ rent.
- Weekly rental from £34.50, covering insurance, tax and servicing.
- Rent includes protective gear: jacket, helmet, gloves.
- You pay for your own fuel as you drive.
- Payment is by standing order.
Normally, our customers:
- Are 16 years or older.
- Have no vehicle of their own.
- Have no suitable public transport.
- Hold a provisional driving license.
- Drive within a practical distance for moped travel.
Wheels to Work
- Get to work or take up an apprenticeship.
- Get to training or further education.
- Widen your social life.
How to apply
Contacting Wheels to Work
Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Any messages left on our answering service or on e-mail will be replied to promptly.
We’re here to help you
Our Wheels to Work Co-ordinator, Mark Hall, is happy to come out to discuss your needs – or you could call him for an initial chat on:
Just a few of the people we have helped . . .
Pictures courtesy of Wheels2Work, Northallerton website